Full Time, Part Time, PRN
Morton County Health System is seeking to hire Registered Nurses to join our team as we continue striving to provide and meet the health care needs of residents in Southwest Kansas and the surrounding areas. We are a 24-bed hospital facility that was selected to participate in the Rural Community Hospital Demonstration Project. Nurses must demonstrate personal accountability for relationship-based care, the organizational mission, philosophy and goals as well as remain flexible to changing systems.
Family Nurse Practitioners
Full Time Clinic Schedule, Rotating ER Call Schedule
Provide services and treat patients on behalf of Morton County Hospital and Morton County Medical Clinic. Participates in developing, executing, and periodically reviewing Morton County Hospital written policies and services provided to the federal program. Provides patient-related information needed for such business functions as billing and other reports as may be necessary. Maintains patient records according to Medical Center and Medical Staff policies and procedures. Assures that the services provided by the Medical Center at the Clinic and Hospital meet the standards set by Medical Center Medical Staff and Board of Trustees. Participates in the program evaluation of Clinic operation and services. Works with health care staff to achieve consensus regarding acceptable standards for measuring the quality of care in individual practice and overall Medical Center standards. Works with Medical Staff and CEO to plan and evaluate community health programs. Provides medical orders when necessary according to established protocols and evaluates services rendered.
Medical Laboratory Technician
Full Time, Rotating On-Call Schedule
Medical Laboratory Technician Job Duties:
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- Identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing hand chemistries.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating equipment such as the gamma counter, spectrophotometer, densitometer, and through methods such as radioimmunoassay, enzyme immunossay, and serological testing.
- Provides physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacteria.
- Ensures the patient of receiving compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures.
- Assures future retrieval of patient transfusion information by preparing patient packets and maintaining blood bank database.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patientconfidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances laboratory services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Laboratory Technician Skills and Qualifications:
Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Chemistry Techniques, Informing Others, FDA Health Regulations, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Infection Control, Training Management, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing, Thoroughness
Apply for a job
To obtain more information about these and other great opportunities, contact the Human Resource Department at 620-697-2141 ext 250. You may also email your resume to Leah, the Chief Human Resource Officer at email@example.com
Leah Luera, Chief Human Resource Officer
We look forward to hearing from you.